Thursday, November 26, 2015

Early Text (a poem)



Dedicated to my friend,Karen Balm

Early morning read your text
this b'day is unlike the rest
anxiously I don't have to wait
to see if I got the message
this morning won't be needing sugar in my tea
because I had your message waiting for me
it's good not having to wait for a change
my joy today I cannot contain
thank you for your early text
a great start to this day   now I can enjoy the rest
otherwise you'd be at the back of my mind
now I can really unwind
not that having you at the back of my mind is a bad thing
but atleast I won't be anxious everytime my phone rings
I'm going to be elated all day
from the phone now I can stay away
there could be no better gift
my day is great   your early text did the trick
  -Seema Tabassum(me)

©Seema Tabassum 2015
©tab1525.blogspot.com 2015
All images and content copyright 2015
All rights reserved

picture courtesy:pixabay.com

This poem was written about four years ago when my friend Karen Balm,texted me a birthday wish early in the day,i always looked forward to her texts on my b'day and i would anxiously wait for her call or text sometimes all day,hoping she'd call soon.But one particular year she texted early and made my day and this poem followed.Incidentally this year too I received an early text.Thanks Karen. (*_*)