Sunday, March 15, 2015

Storms In My Heart (a poem)

There are restless oceans 
in this heart of mine,
there are storms inside
and places devoid of sunshine.
Somedays I set out to discover 
what's laying in those depths,
but it gets too overwhelming,
I'm forced to come up to the surface to take a breath.
These depths are terrifying
for there has darkness creeped,
it feels like the somberness will swallow me
if I pay more heed.
The turbulence threatens to shake my soul
and rattle my very existence,
it's crucial I stay ashore,
and keep it all at a distance.
For it feels like if I let,
these storms will consume me,
I tell myself that I'm not prepared to dive in yet
and resume drinking my tea.
       -Seema Tabassum(me)

©tab1525.blogspot.com 2015

Picture courtesy: pixabay.com

Unless otherwise stated all content on tab1525.blogspot.com are intellectual property belonging to Seema Tabassum.Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's owner,Seema Tabassum is strictly prohibited.Excerpts and links maybe used,provided that full and clear credit is given to Seema Tabassum and tab1525.blogspot.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.Thank you.