Monday, March 2, 2015

Better Off Alone( a poem )

Plum blossoms in Ome shi,Japan
I'm sorry we have grown apart,
sorry you are no more a part,
of my life,my dreams,
sorry we are no more a team.

I'm on my own now and it's a joy ride,
now I don't have to abide,
by your moods and tantrums,
now differently my heart strings strum.

We could've been good,even excellent,

if you were not so indifferent,
for you I'm not going to again fall,
I'm free and I'm standing tall.

I like this freedom,
I feel it suits me,this singledom,
my emotions are not anymore clubbed,
my life I'm going to differently dub.

My skies are no more grey,
I've ceased to wait and to pray
for your call or text,
I'm uncuffed and that's best.

I've found inner peace and it's good,
I don't anymore loathe myself,so glad we're through,
now I will be able to channel my energies,
into working on bettering me.

I confess,you do leave a void,
but I trust my heart will guide,
me to place,far from you,
where the skies are a beautiful hue.

Moving on,moving away,is hard,
it's painful,it cuts like a shard,
but then with you it was like being with a stone,
I'm glad,I believe,I'm better off alone.

        -Seema Tabassum(me)

©tab1525.blogspot.com 2015

Unless otherwise stated all content on tab1525.blogspot.com are intellectual property belonging to Seema Tabassum.Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this blog's owner,Seema Tabassum is strictly prohibited.Excerpts and links maybe used,provided that full and clear credit is given to Seema Tabassum and tab1525.blogspot.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.Thank you.

*This poem was inspired by the movie '500 days of Summer'. I tend to get carried away when I watch a movie,I feel strongly for the characters.In this particular movie the helplessness of the lead(male)character touched my heart.We all are really so incapable of letting go and also we cannot choose who we love and who we don't,matters of the heart are complex and there can be no explanation to the kind of things we do when we are crazy in love,we fly and we stumble,we cry and we grumble but we never cease to love.But if the feelings are not mutual,then there's a lot of heartache.We cannot force somebody into loving us neither can we switch on and switch off our love for them.So if the person who we are madly in love with doesn't seem to reciprocate the love the way he/she should,then it's best to back off,take time to heal and find someone who feels for us the same way we feel for them.There will be heartache but we have to learn to let go and learn to love again.One should not give up on love,don't you think?