Thursday, June 19, 2014

Bloodthirsty brothers

While there's a world war going on in Brazil for the FIFA World Cup,a war of another kind is being waged in West Asia...brothers thirsty for each others' blood.
I read the papers and much are filled with news of the ongoing crisis/bloodshed in Iraq.My heart bleeds for my people,my brothers and sisters in Islam,Shia,Sunni,Kurd all.....the ISIS,Al qaeda,Taliban,the rulers of Syria,Lebanon, earlier the rulers of Egypt,Saddam Hussain have left no stone unturned in wiping out masses of people in the name of sects...Firstly there are no sects in Islam,there's only one Islam,the complete Islam which our Beloved Prophet(saws) showed/preached and any ritual,custom,tradition,practice other than which he originally showed is Unislamic....so if the Sunnis think Shias are not muslims and vice versa,that's sad but heart wrenching it is when they start killing each other,will the Sunnis and Shias try to eliminate Christians,Hindus if they happen to be a majority in a certain area? I don't think so,(and also should not)then why each other??
What's Islamic about taking innocent lives,i feel ashamed,really ashamed,that my people are fighting amongst each other,ashamed and hurt,at the lengths my fellow Muslims,who read the same Quran as me are going all out to wipe out their own, even if they have forgotten that they are brothers in religion,how can they forget that they all are brothers of the land,the same land,wind and sun that nourished them,the place they grew,their homes,how can one be forced to leave all and evrything behind,the belongings collected over a lifetime,the place that was home,i don't even want to imagine the pain.I'm shocked at the brutality,i simply can't understand how a muslim could be capable of such inhumanity.  I saw a clip on TV in which a group was shooting at people of another group of about twenty,all standing in a line,hands tied at the back,in a few seconds they were all on the ground,the group with guns was shooting at this  other group with such angst and disgust as if the people killed were not humans,one can't kill even an animal in that manner.
I wish it all stopped,i wish i could do something about it, my people are dying,my brothers and sisters are dying,who've lead difficult lives,who've had no luxuries....and Iran was the one country that stood against Israel for Palestine,infact all Muslim Brotherhood was united for Palestine right? Then how come we cannot find a way to living in harmony with each other...my people are divided,homeless,dead,poor...my lands,all barren,all torn.....Iraq,Syria,Lebanon,Afghanistan,Egypt,...my heart bleeds,bleeds for my brothers and sisters in Islam: Sunni,Shia,Kurd,Hazare,Pashtun,Pathan,converted alike,infact my heart bleeds for anybody whose killed for no wrong he himself did...
Ya Allah,have mercy on us,forgive us our sins,please let our hearts bloom with love for one another,Muslim or otherwise,Ameen.
pic. courtesy: pixabay.com