Friday, September 5, 2014

Contrasting Lives.

                               
      


How many songs have we heard on "Life",especially in Hindustani.There are a number of beautiful songs which describe life,some describe them as beautiful and some as painful.While we sit and analyze how life is,try to give it some meaning with our words or describe the essence of what it means to us,there are lives which have no meaning at all,and minds which have no sense of what life is,which don't have the luxury of the ability to understand what life is to them,except a struggle,a battle,struggle for a morsel of food,for a place in the shade in summer,for dry feet in the rainy season,for a warm place and a roof over their heads during winters,for a kind gesture,for a generous word,for a sympathetic,if not loving glance.
       While I want the perfect cup of tea,there are people who look for food in garbage piles,while I sulk over powercuts and potholes,there are those who live in the dark,on the roads.While I get irritated over minor inconveniences,there are those,for whom life itself is a big inconvenience.While I want attention,there are those who live invisible lives.While our lives are too short to enjoy,their lives are too long to endure.Life is unfair,true,but to such an extent !!
I would ofcourse never,ever want to live a life like my poor brothers and sisters,I do empathize with them,I feel for them,i know how it is to be hungry,cold,wet,scared and invisible.I wish I was brave enough or kind enough or had the resources to take a hand from among those hundreds of begging hands and turn that life around,maybe someday.
         For now,I'll do what little I can do,in my small ways and be grateful to God for all the great things I have and for only minor inconveniences life throws at me.I'm grateful my life means something to a handful of people.I'm grateful for the knowledge that I have to understand songs on life,grateful for the sensibility I have,to be able to relate to the songs,happy or sad,grateful to be able to derive meaning from those songs.
            "Life's good,
              when on my plate there's food.
              Life's fine,
              as long as i'm not standing for clothes in a beggar's line.
              Life's not a pain,
              when i'm not soaking wet in the rain.
              Life's beautiful,
              when i have my family with me
              to make my day cheerful."     THINK ABOUT IT PLEASE.

©Seema Tabassum 2014
©tab1525.blogspot.com 2014
All content and images copyright 2014
All rights reserved.