Friday, September 18, 2015

If I Could (a poem)



If I could I would rewind time
visit childhood of mine
bring people from there somehow
relocate them in the now
If I could I would gather the giggles and laughter
that left   went with my father
joys would revisit again
like flowers on this heart's parched plain
If I could I would hold my Daddy's hand
walk with him on our ground's sand
hear him speak once more
in that voice which I recall no more
If I could I would record his voice this time around
so as to never forget how it used to surround
and envelope my heart with it's sweetness
that would be an extra ordinary gift to myself
If I could I would gather the memories all
select  play  relive  have them on call
this emptiness in my heart would then lose face
all that would be left would be a warm caress
If I could I would see them all again
my Daddy  his immediate family  his friends
store those freshly-made memories in neatly stacked files
relive them whenever I need to assure myself that I had a life
  -Seema Tabassum(me)

©Seema Tabassum 2015
©tab1525.blogspot.com 2015
All content and images copyright 2015
All rights reserved

Twenty one years ago we lost our Daddy and our world was never the same,the ripples still resonate,the pain doesn't fade,all empty when we think of him.This is to the beautiful memories of him and our childhood.Miss him no less than that fateful day,forgotten no more than that day,all intact,right there,no major changes,only the days change.

I wrote something personal last year about our lives,our story and have nothing more to add there,if you are interested and have the time to read you can look it up at the following link.Thank You.
http://tab1525.blogspot.in/2014/09/lifes-bliss-but-somethings-amiss.html