Monday, September 7, 2015

The Protagonist (a poem)


He I was not looking for
nor was he someone I dreamed of
he had a way with words no doubt
words that flooded my mind which knew not ever drought
he was not my soulmate nor a friend
his presence surreal   made no difference
but lost without words he left me in those lanes
of him I knew only his fictional name
he who without ever being company
in those dark lanes had deserted me
to whom I never even belonged
left me feeling abandoned
 -Seema Tabassum(me)


The title of my poem says it all.Sometimes these fictional characters leave behind impressions.I see how books have profound effects,wanted to depict that.

Picture courtesy: http://negativespace.co/

©Seema Tabassum 2015
©tab1525.blogspot.com 2015
All images and content copyright 2015
All rights reserved