Tuesday, June 9, 2015

To My Dearest Aunty Kathleen (a poem)



Hello,Miss.'Smiling Irish Eyes',
don't hear much from you,
I miss you loads,almost thrice,
but soon I'll see you.

Before that I have to say,
that though time's less,
I never forget to pray,
pray that you are fine and that God bless.

I hope you haven't forgotten me,
now sometimes in my dreams you come,
your thought alone makes me feel glee,
I hope for me in your mind you have place some.

You are one of my most favourite people on earth,
I miss you and love you a ton,
love for you,of that there's no dearth,
cause you're special,in the whole wide world just one.

I hope the world down under is treating you fine,
I'm sure you must've made beautiful memories of good times,
I hope you're thinking of me,the way I am of you,
and on this side of the world,there's never a day that goes by without me thinking of you.

Love you loads,Aunty Kathleen.

-Seema Tabassum(me)

©tab1525.blogspot.com 2015



Aunty Kathleen is my friend Karen's mother,we bond like a house on fire.She's beautiful,thoughtful,caring,kindhearted,sensible,profound but also immense fun and young at heart.Before blogging,i used to ask her to review my poems and she'd indulge me with a feedback always.Infact she's the one who suggested that i put my poems on a site.I'm thankful to her for a lot of things,esp.for the support she's been but mostly for being there for me when she needn't have to.When Abbu came into this world,Aunty was there with me throughout for 8 hours or so inspite of my Mom being there for me and she was the one who announced that i delivered a boy,i always wanted a boy and in India the law forbids knowing the sex of the baby before delivery.So it was such a joy to hear esp.from Aunty that i was blessed with a boy,i remember her saying  "Seema you did it" and i was then handed Abbu and i cried and laughed and we hugged.I can never in my life forget what immense love and support and some shouting too i got from Aunty dearest.She's special,we're special.Love her and her name Kathleen in Irish means "Smiling Irish Eyes". She's in Australia visiting her son and she's been gone a long time,i hope she comes back safe and sound and soon.Her i love,miss and think about.


Unless otherwise stated all content on tab1525.blogspot.com are intellectual property belonging to Seema Tabassum.Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's owner is strictly prohibited.Excerpts and links maybe used,provided that full and clear credit is given to Seema Tabassum and tab1525.blogspot.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.Thank you.