Monday, August 24, 2015

Date Four : Friday 21st August 2015 #lovepoem


Fourth date,yes,but no date because Friday is super busy,should be for a Muslim,Fridays only for gaining Allah's mercy,Friday late afternoon till night is reserved for my mother dearest so Friday was a no date day.
Friday is very special to Muslims,it's sacred,so we obviously got married on a Friday only it was 14th February,I know,we thought it would be nice to get married on Valentine's day,but that remains the biggest regret,I was still learning Islam so wasn't really aware of how I marred the sanctity of our marriage by choosing a frivolous date.But I guess when you are young you don't think much.
But we kind of made up for the blunder of the date by keeping our ceremony really low on wastage,our wedding was the humblest ever,exactly according to how it should be in Islam,unlike the big Indian weddings which we see here in India,such pomp,grandeur,wastage these weddings have come to symbolise,so much against the teachings of Islam and yes I'm talking about Muslim weddings too.In the crazy amount of money that is spent in these celebrations in which only the people who eat well everyday are invited,a hundred poor people can be fed for a week atleast,if not for a month,I am very adamant that Abbu have a wedding as simple as our's without music,grand dias or elaborate delicacies.

May Allah bless my kid brother,his wedding too was perfect according to Islam,as humble as mine.I respect him lots for that,such a simpleton he is,everyday I thank Allah that he gave me a brother who thinks like me and is virtuous and religious,kind,generous and always puts others first and is friendly with everybody,here I lack some,I always have been the kind to put myself first but I learn humbly through my sweethearts,my husband and my brother,ofcourse from my Mom too.Unfortunately Abbu is always with me and is picking up this putting myself first trait rather well,somedays I hate that and somedays it looks perfect because of the kind of world we are living in,but I too am very kind,sensitive towards others' feelings,thoughtful,never say a harsh word unless I am provoked by stupidity I see in people here....I drifted from the topic again,as always,sorry.

Now you already know I was the one who pursued Taher,I had to,I couldn't stand losing a gem and now in hindsight I did perfect I say.So here is a little poem asking Taher to indulge me.


Indulge Me

I look for excuses
excuses to talk
I take a stroll
where I know you'll come for a walk
I wait and I sigh
if only I could get by
without having to look
without being on a hook
but I am helpless
the situation is ruthless
your name's stuck in my throat
stunting my mental growth
cannot utter
cannot live with stutter
so I think I might take a chance
ask you if you will indulge me with some romance
 -Seema Tabassum(me)

Here is a link to another poem I wrote on our wedding anniversary this year,please do read if you can make time.Thank you.http://tab1525.blogspot.in/2015/02/meaningless-poemon-occasion-of-our-12th.html

©Seema Tabassum 2015
©tab1525.blogspot.com 2015
All content and images copyright 2015
All rights reserved